Located in Rangiora with members drawn from all over North Canterbury, we have a vibrant club atmosphere catering for both mountain bikers and roadies. Club members gain exclusive access to the private forest lands of Ashley, Mt. Thomas and Okuku. Fantastic riding dirt roads, no traffic, great scenery and great mates to ride with.
For serious mountain rides, we are near Mt Grey, Mt Richardson, Mt Thomas, and Mt Karetu plus the amazing Blowhard single track to the top of Mt Richardson. If 1,000m climbs and serious blasts down are your scene this club is for you.
For road riders there are great minimal traffic roads in many areas like Whiterock, Ashley Gorge, plus backroads to Oxford, Amberley and many more.
We have an excellent club atmosphere with a wide range of skills, fitness levels and riding companions. From highly competitive guns to the more sedate and leisurely riders, NCCC is a great club for inspired young riders to become highly competitive racers.
Get away from the traffic, crowds and ride the mountains and the roads. Have a blast. Have fun. Get fit. Improve skills. North Canterbury. No better places to to ride.
2019/20 Committee as of 26 August 2019
- Open position -President
- Tiffany Wafer - Secretary
- Stu Wilson - Treasurer
- Chris Farmer - MTB Captain
- Open position - Road Captain
- David Oliver - Track Development
- Aaron Wafer - Track Development
- Nardia Turner - Junior Development
- Craig Oliver - Junior Development
- Paul McLachlan - Committee
- Haydn Murray - Committee
- Aaron Clark - Committee
- Tracey and Darryn Giles- Membership
- Darryn Giles- Committee- Website and social media